Oregon is one of our favorite places, obviously! Not just because we live here, but because there is so much gorgeous scenery and wonderful things to do in our state! If you are visiting Oregon, there are a ton of day trips from Portland. When you head to Willamette Valley for delicious wine tasting, make sure to book a night (or two) at The Vintages Trailer Resort. The Vintages is located in the heart of the Willamette Valley wine country, so its the perfect place to stay when wine tasting through Oregon’s wine country. The Vintages is a resort full of retro trailers! It was the perfect staycation for us to enjoy a little weekend away!
About The Vintages Trailer Resort
The Vintages Is a part of the Willamette Wine Country RV Park, but it feels like its its own park straight out of the 1970s. If you love camping, but don’t want to “rough-it” in a tent, the Vintages is the place for you. We love camping but we also enjoy having a little luxury too. At The Vintages you can have both. The new-age “glamping” in a retro camper, is the perfect place to stay in Oregon’s Wine Country. The Vintages currently has 31 retro travel trailers all decorated with their own flair. Each trailer is beautifully decorated, with so much detail in each trailer, and no two trailers are identical. The vintage camper trailer park is one of the most unique hotels we’ve stayed at.
The Shasta Airflyte Trailer
When we pulled up to our adorable little Shasta airflyte trailer, we were met with an adorable patio complete with adirondack chairs, a propane BBQ, and cruiser bikes, and we couldn’t wait to check out the inside. Inside was a full size bed with lots of pillows, a flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, private bathroom with shower, two Terry cloth robes and slippers, vintage coffee mugs to go with the Caravan Coffee pour over coffee, wine glass and a wine bottle (to purchase). While you think, a trailer may not be as comfortable as an actual hotel room, this bed was one of the most comfortable beds we’ve slept in- we didn’t want to leave!
The Vintage Trailer Amenities
Each trailer is equipped with all your camping needs. You get the camping feel with the luxury of a cozy bed, kitchen, bathroom, wifi, air-conditioning, and some even have their own showers. The best part is each trailer has pour-over coffee from Caravan coffee, terry cloth robes, and cruiser bikes to explore the area. There is a propane grill and all the cooking utensils you would need. If you forget anything, stop by the general store, where you can find wine, beer, souvenirs, and more! If you are celebrating something special, there are plenty of packages you can add to your booking such as the “you had me at pinot” package, or the “flock it to me” package including 10 flamingos, and Champagne Shirley temple kit. Each trailer is fitted with heat and air conditioning, so no matter the season, the trailers will be comfortable.
The RV park also has a clubhouse, fitness center, pool, hot tub, laundry room, and extra bathrooms located at the front of the park for use for all guests. There is a neighboring dog park, as well as a general store, in case you need to stock up on beer or wine.
Where is this Glamping Resort?
The Vintages Trailer Resort is located in Dayton, Oregon, conveniently between Dundee and McMinnville. It is just off highway 18, and very easy to get from either direction. The Vintages is a part of the bigger, but still separate, Willamette Wine Country RV park. From Portland, it’s only an hour drive.
Things to do Nearby The Vintages
- Wine tasting is obviously our favorite option nearby. With over 500 wineries in the Willamette Valley, you could spend weeks wine tasting!
- If you are sick of wine (or don’t drink), try a spa day at The Allison Inn and Spa. The Allison Inn is a luxury resort and spa, with gorgeous grounds and enjoyable spa services.
- If you have kids, check out the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum
- When you’re hungry, eat at Babica Hen. Babica Hen has delicious food, including seasonal flavors, and fresh farm to table ingredients.
Tips Before Booking The Vintages
- Only some trailers are dog friendly. They have 9 Shasta trailers, that allow dogs. Only 2 dog per trailer, and max 50lb weight limit for both dogs. Its family friendly, and dog friendly.
- If you take your dogs, but you don’t want to take your dogs with you wine tasting, there is a great dog daycare right outside Dundee, called Tail Wag-Inn, where little fido can play carelessly, while you get drunk on wine. Our doggies thoroughly enjoyed themselves!
- Only some trailers have a shower. If you book a trailer without a shower, there are extra bathrooms and showers by the pool and clubhouse.
- Each trailer will show how many people it sleeps. If you are traveling with kids, make sure you find a trailer that has additional places to sleep.
- While The Vintages is the perfect spot for a one night stop over, to get the most enjoyment out of visiting the Willamette Valley wineries, we suggest staying two nights.
If you are anywhere close to the Willamette Valley, check out The Vintages for an unique glamping experience. You’ll be very pleasantly surprised with how spacious and comfortable the trailers are, and we absolutely fell in love with the decor. You might never go back to regular camping after your experience glamping at this adorable trailer resort.
So tell us, do you ever go glamping? What are some amenities that you are necessary for you to enjoy your experience?
A huge thank you to The Vintages for hosting us! All opinions are our own and based on our experience at the resort.
Want to learn how to travel more?